Art Music Fashion Film Comedy Games Technology Events Other

Wednesday 30 April 2008

Jean Grae retiring?

It looks like Jean Grae is bidding farewell to the record industry.

In a new blog on her myspace page, the Brooklyn emcee thanks all of her fans for their support and gives salutations to hip hop, with a finalizing tone.

“It's been a wonderful and awful journey all at the same time. Mostly leaning towards the wonderful part..lol. Thank you for letting me share what I could with you and sharing yourselves back, as you have really been the reason that I kept on,” she types. “I will always love what I consider to be true hip hop music... from the bottom of my soul. I hope you will continue to distinguish those who are contributors to the evolution of Hip Hop and other black music as both an auditory stimulation and a culture, taking care that they are put in a position to do so.

She ends the note saying, “Enjoy…see y’all around. It’s been amazing. Thank you again

Her profile name on myspace has also been changed to “Jean Grae Saying Peace Out,” and her only remaining profile picture is of her apparently blowing a kiss goodbye.

I hope she's just having a bad week.. please don't go Jean!!

No comments: