Art Music Fashion Film Comedy Games Technology Events Other

Saturday 8 November 2008

DJ/Rupture - Special Gunpowder...

It's been a mad long time since I listened to this album, I just put it on & I love it even more than the first time. I purchased DJ/Rupture's "Special Gunpowder" from Replay Records Park Street (R.I.P) after I saw him at Toxic Dancehall (R.I.P) at The Black Swan, Bristol, many many years ago (Rupture fits in so well at the swan). I've always been a huge fan of the massive ragga-esque bassline that he uses, alike to The Bug (especially the Razor X Productions). My favourite tunes on the album being "No Heathen" & "Dem Nuh Know me (wayne lonesome). They.Are.MEGA! Fitting in so well on Special Gunpowder but could also sit pretty nicely on his other releases such as the ferocious "Mindsweeper Suite". Rupture seems to have moved away from this kinda sound on his most recent material BUT his dj sets are still so diverse, he even managed to get away with playing Salt n Peppa last time I saw him! The old Rupture is my favourite but he still has it, definitely. Go listen to this album, it's awesome.

No comments: